ASP code snippets and other resources for advanced users of our shopping carts
One of the big advantages of using ecommerce software like ProductCart is that it can be customized. However, before you start editing the ProductCart source code, we strongly encourage you to review these guidelines.
Let us know how you customized ProductCart: discuss your work with other developers on the ProductCart forums.
Please note that ProductCart does not provide technical support on using and integrating the code below with your ProductCart store.
- Search engine friendliness
- Code snippets
- support/buttons & graphics
- Support-related scripts
- Bulletin board (forums)
Building a search engine friendly ecommerce store with ProductCart
A series of notes and files to help you create a ProductCart-powered ecommerce Web site that is more search engine friendly.
- ProductCart v3:
- Make sure to configure your header.asp file to contain product- & category-specific Meta tags (more >>)
- Use the "Generate Store Map" feature ("Marketing > Generate Store Map")
- Use the "Generate Google Sitemap" feature ("Marketing > Generate Google Sitemap")
- Move the default ProductCart home page to your root folder: download this file for detailed instructions.
- ProductCart v2.76:
- Download a comprehensive guide to building a search engine friendly ecommerce store with ProductCart. Note that this document has not yet been updated for ProductCart v3. However, many of the concepts covered in the document are independent of the version of ProductCart that you are using.
The following files contain code that can help you enhance and customize your ProductCart store. Use these code samples only if you are a professional Web designer. ProductCart does not provide technical support on integrating this code.
Dynamic Navigation (ProductCart v2.76):
- Expand/collapse categories & subcategories - Download
- Show categories & subcategories - Download
- Show top level categories - Download
- For ProductCart v3, simply use the "SmallSearchBox.asp" include file. Read this document for more details.
- Place a keyword & SKU search box anywhere - v2.75 and above - Download
- Place a keyword search box anywhere - Before v2.75 - Download
Small shopping cart (displays cart total on any page):
- For ProductCart v3, simply use the "SmallShoppingCart.asp" include file. Read this document for more details.
- For ProductCart v2.76 - Download
- For ProductCart v3, read this document for more details.
- For ProductCart v2.76 and below, read these notes
- Show a product thumbnail on the view shopping cart page (pc/viewCart.asp) - Download
ProductCart v3 already contains this feature.
- Restore previously removed products - Download
- Improve performance on stores using MS Access - View
- Show the short product description on the View Cart and Order Summary pages - View
- Export a price list to Excel - Submitted by: Dan Tang - Download
- Display N featured products vertically, anywhere - Submitted by: Dan Tang - Download
- Place an "Add to Cart" button or link anywhere on your site - Download
- Show content to logged in customers only - View
- Show content to wholesale customers only - View
- Replace text with images inside 'languages.asp' - View
support/buttons & Other Graphics
These apply to ProductCart v2.76. Editable support/buttons for ProductCart v3 are included in the "ProductCart\pc\images\sample" folder and more will be published here soon.
The following sets of support/buttons are provided both in GIF and Fireworks format. The GIF files are ready to use. The Fireworks files can be edited as you wish. In both cases, upload the support/buttons to your ProductCart store using the Control Panel.
- Checkout Progress Bar :: Fireworks (editable)
- White :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample
- Classic :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Aqua Blue :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Aqua White :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Black background (1) :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Black background (2) :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Green & Black :: GIF - Fireworks (editable) :: Sample:
- Product review feature - Alternative stars
- Find out if Parent Paths are enabled or disabled on your Web server.
Download script - See it at work on this server.
- Find out if your server supports the Update & Resize feature
Download script - See it at work on this server